What is Cloud?
What is Cloud? Well for starters it’s the biggest buzz word in the IT industry at the moment. Most professionals you speak to will have different views on what Cloud means and it’s likely they are all correct. There is no definitive answer to this question, but here is our view. Cloud provides a flexible, scalable, tailored and cost effect service to your business. This is achieved by a pay-per-use model with 100% availability.
When to move to Cloud? Again, there is no definitive answer to this question. The most common time we see clients moving to the Cloud is at the hardware renewal stage. When a client needs to replace a server or multiple servers there is usually a large capital outlay associated. This provides an ideal opportunity to save money by migrating roles into the Cloud. Another example is at the point of consolidating many remote offices, all running separate systems. Here at Clovertec we have experience of successfully merging remote offices with a head office.
HOW IT WORKS – Cloud services are most often provided via Managed Service Providers like Clovertec from Datacentres. A Datacentre is a highly secure, protected and air conditioned location for the mass storage of servers. Data centres carry vast generators for continual power supply and are not prone to the same vulnerabilities as a normal office location. The servers hosted then provide services to PCs, Laptops, Thin Clients, Mobile Phones and even tablet devices like iPads.
Examples of Cloud services are:
- Clovertec Disaster Recovery (DR) – visit here
- Microsoft SkyDrive – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/skydrive/home
- Microsoft Office 365 – Clovertec can offer a trail version of Office 365 via the link at the bottom of the page, (see pictured right).
Following 6 months of research and testing Clovertec has expanded into Cloud solutions. We can suggest this as an alternative option to our on premise server based clients.
This will provide:
- Cloud based servers and applications
- Data centre level availability with high security and generators
- Corporate level Disaster Recovery or backup options
- Servers with high levels of redundancy
- A Virtual environment with scope to add multiple servers in the future
- A green solution with massive power consumption savings
- A low maintenance solution with minimal downtime
- High speed broadband with several failover layers
- Companywide corporate Antivirus and Antispam
- SLA driven server and end user IT support with dedicated technicians
- Hot-desking for staff
- Monthly cost per user
Microsoft Office 365 Trial
CLOVERTEC LTD has configured a custom collection of Microsoft Online Services for you to try.
Review your customized collection here:
This trial invitation includes:
– 25 user licenses Microsoft Office 365 Trial (Plan E3)
Additional partner information: